Coronavirus Announcement from Gabi Kat Grooming
Update as of 05/10/20:
Gabi recently earned a Professional Pet Groomers Covid-19 Certification! Click here to view the certificate.
Update as of 05/08/20:
We are planning to re-open on May 16. We will still be using the CV-19 protocols in addition to wearing masks while the cat is in the van. We will also continue to clean between appointments including deep cleaning of the vans.
Update as of 04/12/20:
If you already have a grooming appointment set up for the month of April, we will be contacting you to reschedule. Please disregard any automatically generated appointment reminders for dates prior to May 1st.
Update as of 04/06/20:
Gabi Kat Grooming will be closing through April 30th following the governor's "stay at home" order due to the Covid 19 coronavirus. We hope to be back in operation on May 1st.
Dear friends & family,
We understand the growing concern surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) across our community, and our hearts go out to all those who’ve been impacted. We understand you may have specific questions about how we help keep you, your family and your cats safe, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Gabi Kat is working around the clock to ensure we’re able to keep our customers, our associates, and the pets we love healthy and safe.
We love cats, and we’re passionate about the care we provide to them. This means that every day, as part of our regular operations, our vans are cleaned and sanitized between every client. We’ve increased the frequency of cleanings, and provided our groomers and their assistants supplemental safety guidance. We work closely with our staff to ensure that anyone who is not feeling well understands that we support them staying home. We will continue to refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and other public health agencies to determine the safest course of action for everyone we service.
We’re taking additional steps to keep cats and people safe in the course of mobile grooming. Our grooming staff follows regular cleaning practices using a disinfectant formulated to kill coronavirus, among other germs. Plus, we’ll continue to follow the steps below:
Gabi Kat Protocols During Coronavirus Emergency
- NO CLIENTS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE VAN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- GROOMERS WILL BE WEARING MASKS AND GLOVES WHEN COLLECTING CATS AND RETURNING CATS TO YOUR HOME.
- GROOMER WILL MAINTAIN A COMFORTABLE DISTANCE WHEN COLLECTING AND RETURNING CATS TO HOME AS WELL AS HANDING SQUARE TO CLIENT FOR CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS.
- SQUARE WILL BE SANITIZED BEFORE AND AFTER EACH CLIENT.
- VANS AND ALL EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS ARE CLEANED AND SANITIZED BETWEEN CLIENTS. AN ADDITIONAL LAYER OF SANITIZING WILL BE IMPLEMENTED.
- IF CLIENT HAS A CARRIER, PLEASE PUT THE CAT IN THE CARRIER AND MEET AT FRONT DOOR WITH YOUR CAT IN THE CARRIER.
- IF ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED TO RETRIEVE THE CAT FROM WITHIN THE HOUSE, PLEASE HAVE THE CAT CONTAINED IN THE BATHROOM. CLIENT SHOULD STEP INTO ANOTHER ROOM WHILE WE RETRIEVE THE CAT.
This situation continues to evolve quickly, and we will be monitoring it closely. Based on current guidance and our own standards and practices, we remain open for business and are committed to providing an outstanding experience for you and your cats.
To date, there is no evidence that companion animals or pets can spread COVID-19 (per CDC guidance). For the latest information about coronavirus and pets, we encourage you to visit the links below:
At Gabi Kat, everything we do is with a heartfelt commitment to bringing our loving cats and their humans closer together. It’s our honor and privilege to serve you, particularly during challenging times, and we thank you for being at the heart of what we do.